Frantz I
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

My fiance is serving an 18month prison sentence and he was

My fiance is serving an 18month prison sentence and he was told he would serve 9. He was charged with assault. He was then told that he could apply for release after 4 and a half months with a tag in situ. He is romanian and has lived permanently in england for almost 6 years. he trained and has worked as a carer for those years.We got engaged to be married in september 2014 and we had planned to marry in march of this year when we hoped he would be released. He has since been told that he is being deported back to romania and that if he refused to go he would serve his full sentence. He was made aware of his right to appeal but he didnt at that time.He seems to think that once he has returned to romania and we marry as planned, he will be able to return to england to live as husband and wife. Is that true or will there be restrictions?.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your enquiry.
It is not as simple as that. It will depend on his personal conduct and circumstances. Criminal convictions and personal conduct which represent a genuine, present and sufficiently serious threat will be considered when reaching a decision on whether to exclude your partner from visiting the UK under public interest expulsion.
**********************************************************************
This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So if he is not excluded and we go ahead and marry, who do we ask wether he can return to england? As we will have to know first.And how soon after returning to romania can we marry and return.