frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

My father held a British passport and acquired this through

My father held a British passport and acquired this through naturalisation in 1969. But on his passport it was stamped British subject with right of abode. Am I eligible to apply for a British passport with right of abode?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your enquiry.
Was your father born in the UK? If your father was born abroad, was his father born in the UK? Do you have any paperwork to support your father was naturalised in 1969?
**********************************************************************
This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My dad was born abroad but was naturalised in 1969 and I have his naturalisation certificate to prove this. Do you think I am eligible to apply for a British passport with right of abode?

Where and when were you born?

********************************************************************** This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nigeria, 1981

British Nationality law is very complex but in general those born abroad pre 1 January 1983 whose father was registered or naturalised as British before their birth are British citizens.

You should contact the Home Office British Nationality line to confirm or seek independent legal advice on your specific circumstances.

I wish you all the best and please click the rate button on just answer before you leave.