Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

If his deportation is not revoked could he still come back

Customer Question

If his deportation is not revoked could he still come back to england with me when we are married?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. Deportation is only a form of order to compel a person to leave the UK. Once your friend has left the UK he should inform the UK Border Agency that he has done so, as then the Deportation order lapses. So if he has not already informed the UK Border Agency that he has left the UK he should do so, as then then the deportation order is extant or no longer operative. Then he can apply subsequently to return to the UK whether for marriage or for some other reason. However, I would suggest that you would be better off getting married in somewhere other than the UK and then once married, applying for a visa for him to enter the Uk. This is because his previous visa history might prejudice an application to simply return to the uK.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
2. It is easier to enter the UK once married if you have a bad previous visa history which involves a deportation order than if you are simply seeking a visa to enter the UK to get married. I regret to say that your prior visa history is taken into account when you apply for a visa.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
3. Please Rate the Answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert receives no payment for answering your Question.