Frantz I
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

We have a live in Filipino nanny who has been living with us

We have a live in Filipino nanny who has been living with us for 3.5 years. She is applying for her husband to join her here in the uk. She tells us that he has somewhere to stay nearby but for the purposes of the visa application she is asking us to sign documents and provide evidence that he will in fact be living with us which is not true. What are the legal implications of signing such documents?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Frantz I replied 12 months ago.
Thank you for your enquiry.
You would be committing a criminal offence.
I hope this clarifies your question. Please click rate before you leave.
**********************************************************************
This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
What are the penalties? Please know that we are not intending to commit such an offence but rather I ask the question so that I can clearly demonstrate the implications of the ask to the nanny so she understands why we would not be able to do this
It is clear from your question you are simply asking a question and not intending to commit any offence.
Under the Immigration Act 1971, the offence would be classed as Assisting, which carries a maximum sentence of 14 years in prison and a fine.
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Experience: Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.