frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I applied 2013 marriage visa, I was refused because my

Customer Question

I applied 2013 for a marriage visa, I was refused because my wife stopped work. Home office held my passport and ask me to return home.
I refused to leave United Kingdom I have a British +2years son and I don't live with him but I have parental responsibility order and child arrangement order for my son.Can I apply for FLR(o) as an overstayed?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your enquiry.
We don't give advice here or advice on any specific forms to use but if you are making an application to remain as a partner or parent and you have overstayed, you can rely on the exception to allow you make an application within the UK if there is a genuine and subsisting relationship with a partner or a child who is in the UK and is British. Applications made under the exception are generally made on FLR(FP). This type of application is problematic so you ought to seek independent legal advice if you are going to make this type of application.
I hope this is helpful and if so don't forget to click rate before you leave.
I wish you all the best.
**********************************************************************
This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.