Frantz I
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

Dear Sirs, I was reading in the Internet to ask you in case

Customer Question

Dear Sirs,
I was reading in the Internet to ask you in case of questions for Visa to UK.
Myself i am German and my Wife is egyptian with a Residence Card (we have a 2 year old Daughter born in Germany and therefore also German)
We would like to visit a Friend in UK, but came confused with the Visa Regulations.
I started the process to fill the online Visa (what even ask really too much) for my wife
and read even after that we would need to have a extra Visa Meeting.
On the other Sides there are so many Articles, (like: http://smithstonewalters.com/2015/04/17/new-uk-immigration-rules-reflect-eu-free-movement/)
where its stated that we should get visa at the border as long we can proof we are married (for sure we have and can show our international Marriage certificate from Germany )
I just would like to avoid to book a flight or drive to border and than come rejected.
Can u please tell us whats the Situation now and what we have to do, to visit our UK Friend with less bureaucracy as possible.
Thank you so much
Finest Regards
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im new to this service.. and clicked this 'phone me button'.. i dont know if this cost extra, its not needed.
Im happy with an answer by email or if there would be a chat, its also ok.
thank you
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your enquiry. Please don't forget to click rate before you leave.
According to the current law it is no longer a requirement for a non-EEA family member of an EEA national to apply for an EEA family permit if they have been issued with an EEA residency card in another European state. You should ensure that you and your wife have all the necessary documents to show that she is indeed your family member including any EEA residency card she has been issued with.
**********************************************************************
This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Mr. Frantz,thanks for you answer. I hoped you say so!I wrote another laywer two days ago, they help for money to get visa, so maybe he like to do business. He said: "Her residence card should feature the wording ‘Residence Card for Family Member of a Union Citizen’ Article 10 of Directive 2004/38/EC (the ‘Free Movement Directive’). .... ... Documents issued on any other basis, for example residence permits issued under the national law of a Member State are not acceptable"From what I know this special Residene Card my Wife would only get when we both would live in another EU-Country.On another Page I was reading "This is not needed if she has a 'german' residence card'
https://blogs.kent.ac.uk/eu-rights-clinic/2015/03/15/uk-government-to-recognise-family-member-residence-cards-from-april-2015/So, now I have two different Answer. Please could u check again, maybe with a college.
I would really need a sure answer, as I would not like to book a flight and than we dont get Visa while arrival.Here the full Text from the other Laywer:------Dear *****tianThank you for your recent immigration enquiry.As an Egyptian national, your wife would require a visa to travel to the UK for short visits. The visitor visas are usually issued valid for a period of 6 months with multiple entries.Your wife would be allowed to travel to the UK without a visa, under the free movement regulations, if she has a residence card issued under Article 10 of Directive 2004/38/EC (the ‘Free Movement Directive’), to accompany or join you in the UK. Her residence card should feature the wording ‘Residence Card for Family Member of a Union Citizen’. Documents issued on any other basis, for example residence permits issued under the national law of a Member State are not acceptable and do not exempt the holder from the requirement to obtain an EEA family permit visa.We would be more than happy to assist with your case if you would like to engage our services. Our fees for an eligibility assessment/consultation are £150 + VAT. Once the consultation is completed, we will let you know our assessment and if you wish to use our services further, we will provide with a fees quote to assist with the case. Please kindly note that any Government/Home Office application fees are to be paid separately.Please let me know if you wish to proceed and if so, please could you provide the following information:· Your full address and telephone number
· Copy of your current passport information page
· Copy of your wife’s current passport information page
· Copy of your wife’s current residence permit.Look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards,
Cami
-----------Attached my wifes Residence Card, Marriage Certificate and our Passports.
Please have a look if this Documents are enough should we just take a plane to the UK.Thank you Mr. Frantz for your work.
Greets
Chris
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
If you read my answer carefully you would find that it is not inconsistent. I am happy to answer further questions once the initial answer has been rated.
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Experience: Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for rating.
In my previous answer, my reference to EEA residency card is a term generally used to refer to a residence card for a family member of an EEA citizen. If your wife has a German residence permit, it is not the same as an EEA residency card. The terms residence card and residence permit tend to confuse.
It is the right thing to do to seek independent legal advice. But ensure that any adviser you instruct are regulated to provide immigration advice. You can check an adviser's status on
http://home.oisc.gov.uk/register_of_regulated_immigration_advisers/register.aspx
I hope this clarifies your question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
can me make it short. I sent u my scans, there u see what Card she has.
This I also wrote in my first posting. If u look the scan there is written even "Familiennachzug" (Family reunification)
Im writing you to get independent legal advice.
Therefore asking if this documents i sent and could provide at the border are enough or not.
As you are a legal advisor, specialist on EU Law, for sure I expect you can tell me a clear yes or no.Thank you
Finest Regards
Christian Mueller
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
Dear *****tian
I will have a look. But please remember that I am not able to give advice on here. When I said independent legal advice, I meant someone outside JA. I hope you understand.
Let me have a look to see If I can help.
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
Dear *****tian
It looks like what your wife has is a German residence permit which she would have applied for in Germany and got granted on the basis of her marriage to you. This does not look like an EEA residence card, which she will normally get if you and your wife were in another EEA country exercising treaty rights.
Are you able to translate the full content and I will investigate and come back to you on Monday but I cannot give advice on here in relation to your matter. You would need to seek legal advice.
I hope I am helpful to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Frantz,
thank you for coming back to me.
Attached the Residence Card with my 'red' translations.What do you mean u cant give legal advice.
What I am here for on JustAnswer? To get Advice/Information about the LAW and my Rights, or?If I understand right there has to be a law, what documents are needed to enter UK. And there where several Courts now from ppl who also just had 'normal' residence cards from a country and it seems it came confirmed that this is enough to enter UK.Looking forward to hear from you, hope u get some more informations about.Thank you for your Time
Finest Regards
Chrishere a few Links of my research:
* https://blogs.kent.ac.uk/eu-rights-clinic/2015/03/15/uk-government-to-recognise-family-member-residence-cards-from-april-2015/
* http://smithstonewalters.com/2015/04/17/new-uk-immigration-rules-reflect-eu-free-movement/
* http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/dec/18/non-eu-family-members-visa-uk-european-court
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
I have been able to get the relevant UK Home Office number for you to ring and ask your questions direct. This is the entry clearance number and it is publicly available ***********
I hope this is helpful.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Frantz,thank you for the Number. But just to clear, u cant give me a definitive answer how the law is now on the topic.
I thought it should be something clear stated and could be answered by an Immigration Lawyer.Like: Question: do egyptians need visa for domrep.
Answer: Yes, but exception if the have a visa for schengen area, than they can apply visa while arrival.I got a more detailed answer from "GROW-YOUR-EUROPE-ADVICE" (see attachment)
And that for Free!So please do not take it personal, but I really expected better from JustAnswer.co.uk when I invest some money into
my question.Regards
Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here the answer from europe advice
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
Hello Chris
I am sorry about how you feel but I feel your comment about JustAnswer and the facility it provides is unfair.
This platform is a simple question and answer venue. The support you have received from both myself and other experts on here is exemplary. The advice you received from elsewhere is consistent with the answers you received on JA.
We do not give legal advice on JA and this was made very clear to you on several occasions. We try to be as supportive as we can here without giving legal advice and most users of JA are appreciative of that and I am sure you are in some way.
I am again sorry you misunderstood the terms of JA which was clearly brought to your attention.
I wish you well and I hope that everything works out as you wished. Have a good visit to the UK but I must say the weather isn't the best at the moment.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Frantz,
thank you , i understand ur point.
Also you will understand that I asked to laywer to get a clear answer if I need a visa or not.
What I got was an advice to seek independent legal advice. If its like so, than this could be written somewhere understandable , "we will not give u a clear answer on ur problem, u will anyhow seek for legal advice".I will ask now for refund for the second case I opened (when u asked me to rate u, i did and had to open a second request to talk to u again). About this case at all, im not sure what to think about.Thank you for ur good wishes, I wish you the same, all the best
Chris
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.