UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

On my Tier 2 Visa form, I saw this question:-"do you have a

Customer Question

On my Tier 2 Visa form, I saw this question:-"do you have a caution, warning, reprimand or fixed penalty notice?". I don't have any of the following or a criminal record. Although I have had 2 PCNs. please see the attached screenshot. I did see this information3.5.2
A fixed penalty notice (FPN), penalty charge notice (PCN) or penalty notices for disorder (PND) are a way of the criminal justice system disposing of fairly minor offences without the need for a person to attend court. Receiving one does not form part of a person‟s criminal record as there is no admission of guilt.I filled in the details of the PCNs as FPNs (although I indicated they were PCNs) and also indicated this in a cover letter.I am now worried I could be accused of false representation, please can you advise?
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no space for PCNs on the form. Since I was not sure and didn't want to hide any information I declared them as FPNs.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 1 year ago.
You are absolutely fine with what you did. A PCN is treated as if it is a FPN for immigration purposes and your application should not be affected at all by this.
All the best