Frantz I
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

There. I've been grounted indefinite live to remain

Customer Question

Hello there.
I've been grounted indefinite live to remain in uk in humanitarian protection on 12th of June 2015.
I've passed life in uk and listening and speaking B1 grade 5 for citizenship.
I heard that the law is changing in april this year .
Is it going to affect me in any way for grantin citizenship?
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your enquiry. Please don't forget to click rate before you leave.
Your application for citizenship will be based on the law at the time of your application.
It is unclear at this stage whether any change to the law will affect an application to naturalise as British. You will have to wait and see as there is not much anyone can do until it is known what the changes are and how to deal with it at the appropriate time.
**********************************************************************
This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So will be at the time I apply for citizenship, right??
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
Generally the law at the time of your application for citizenship.
If you would please rate.