Frantz I
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

My husband and I work in UK on Tier 2 ICT visa. We

Customer Question

My husband and I work in UK on Tier 2 ICT visa. We were in auk from Jan 2008to July 2011 and then went back to India. Again came back to UK on March 2014 and is on tier 2 ICT visa. Question is what do we have to do to get a Permanent Residence in UK ? Please note we have 2 kids, both born in uk. One was born in July 2008 (basingstoke) and other in August 2015 (reading)
Sonal
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Frantz I replied 10 months ago.
Dear Sonal
Thank you for your enquiry.
There is no current route to settlement under Tier 2 (ICT) if your application was made post 6 April 2010. A limit of 9 years is set under this route to prevent an application for settlement being made on the basis of long residence. If your application was made before that date, a settlement application can be made after 5 years.
I hope this clarifies your question.
**********************************************************************
This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for the short reply however the original question is still unansweredWhat should I do to get Permanent Residency
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Also I had requested for a indepth response. It will be much appreciated as I want to settle in uk
Thank you for your enquiry.
Unfortunately Sonal this is a simple question and answer platform and not an avenue to give advice on how to obtain indefinite leave to remain on the limited facts of your circumstances.
Unfortunately under a Tier 2 (ICT) visa, you cannot settle in the UK. It is as simple as that.
The Rules have been tightened to prevent settlement. You do not have the financial means and/or have provided little or no information to answer any question under a Tier 1 visa category.
You and your family have been in and out of the UK, a pattern which is attributable to an employee under an intra company transfer. Unfortunately there is little or no option available to you under your current circumstances to be able to settle in the UK.
There are a whole range of visas available, which can lead to settlement depending on your circumstances. Unfortunately a Tier 2 (ICT) visa is not one of them. I cannot give a thesis of each type of visa that exists without being asked a specific question. Your specific question with regard to what to do to qualify for indefinite leave to remain in the UK in light of your current circumstances has been answered. If you require legal advice on your specific circumstances, you need to seek independent legal advice outside of JA.
The idea of there being a possibility to apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK on the circumstances you have presented is quite simply non-sequitor.
I wish to success in your intentions.