Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

I want to apply spouse visa to join me and my son who is 4 in the UK. I am a British

I want to apply for a spouse visa to join me and my son who is 4 in the UK. I am a British national I meet the financial requirement and have amortgage. My husband already visits twice a year. There is a question about "are there any issues in relation to the welfare or best interest of your child in the uk to consider? What does this mean and how should we answer it?
Because I meet the financial requirement my annual salary is £27900 and I have been in the same employment since 2008. I also have a rental property do I need to also include this on the form as an extra source of income, as I would prefer not to add it as gathering the evidence for it would be extra hassle?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. Where is your child at the moment and where has he been living for the recent past?Kind regards,Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He was born in the uk and lives with me
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Okay. Does he have any welfare issues, developmental issues or medical issues?Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** answer now.
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.If there are no such issues in terms of welfare to consider then you do not need to list these here.Presumably you consider that it would be in the best interests of your child for your wife to be in the UK to help bring up your child. Therefore, in this section you should state that the child does not have any prejudicial welfare issues, but you consider that it would be in the best interests of your son to have their mother in the uK in order to be fully active in his development and upbringing.You should state that the child would benefit hugely from having his mother immediately available in the UK to care for the child and that this should be take in to consideration.The reality is that if you meet the eligibility criteria and did not state the above then your application would still be approved but it sometimes helps to put flesh on the bones of the application. My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question. Kind regards,Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Excellent Thank You
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
You're welcomeTom