Frantz I
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

Both my parents are British citizens I came t Britain in1963

Customer Question

Both my parents are British citizens I came t Britain in1963 nine years old from the commonwealth country of Barbados and have lived in Britain now in my sixties can I apply for a British passport?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your enquiry. Please don't forget to click rate before you leave.
If your parents were British citizens at the time of your birth then you would be British by law but you need the evidence to show this otherwise your case is problematic.
If your parents weren't British citizens at the time of your birth then you would have the option to acquire British citizenship by registration as an adult.
**********************************************************************
This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.