Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

I have a friend who has a Colombian passport, and who has a

I have a friend who has a Colombian passport, and who has a student Visa for the UK (she has been studying for 1 year already).
She would like to visit me in France (Nice) for 4 days, where I live permanently.
Although she is confident she can enter France, she is worried she will not be allowed to return to UK.
Can you clarify?
When does her current visa expire please?
Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Student Visa expires 31st May 2016. However, my friend is talking about her University support sponsor (CAS - Confirmation of Acceptance Studies) expired January 29th

Do you mean that her course of study has finished?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am finding out. Would it be helpful if I sent you a scan of her passport and visa?

I wouldn't do that, these questions are viewable on the internet.
Please find out about whether her course has finished and when her visa was originally granted?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Her course finished January 29th. But her graduation ceremony (in London) is on 12th March, and she has a flight booked back to Colombia on March 14th

Okay.
When was her visa originally granted please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

In UK, valid from: 22/1/15

Valid until: 31/5/16

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Not sure if you got this

In UK, valid from: 22/1/15

Valid until: 31/5/16

Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
Personally, I would not risk it. The reason is that although her visa has a couple of months to run, her course has finished and her cas letter appears to have expired.
Although she may get in, I have seen some situations personally in similar circumstance where the entry clearance officials have refused entry on the basis that the course has finished and that she is a risk of an overstay. For this reason, there is a degree of uncertainty which would personally be sufficient for me not to travel.
I would look at alternatives, such as visiting you for a few days immediately before her visa in the UK expires so that she need not attempt re-entry to the UK.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Good service.

You're welcome. Please do remember to leave feedback