frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

There. im an eea national with permanent residency in the uk and my husband soon wil

Customer Question

hello there. im an eea national with permanent residency in the uk and my husband soon will need to apply for one. we are wondering if he will be able to be successful with his application ... as during his 5 years in the uk i have been unemployed and recently stay home with our daughter since she was born
i would appreciate your help greatly
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we got married in october 2011, he received his residence card for 5 years dated november 2011. i lost job before wedding but still worked temp and could support us. since 2012 i did not work and in 2013 received my permanent residency. our daughter was born in 2013 . i did not work basically all 5 years since we got married.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
am i still qualified person?
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.
Hello Thank you for your enquiry. If you haven't worked during the last 5 years of marriage, it is going to be problematic to establish that you are a qualified person. As a jobseeker, to qualify you must show evidence that you are seeking employment and have a genuine chance of being employed. You can only remain as a job seeker for 91 days unless you have compelling evidence that you are continuing to seek employment. In the case of maintaing worker status, it is possible to do so if you had a temporary inability to work due to illness and there are other conditions that must be met, which is going to be problematic from the facts you have given. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.