frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

Dear Just Answers Solicitors I would like to arrange the Registration

Customer Question

Dear Just Answers Solicitors
I would like to arrange the Registration as a British Citizen for my 10 year old son. He was born in the UK to unmarried EEA national parents. I am his natural father (registered on his birth certificate) but I have never married her mother...although we do live together.
My son was born before June 2016 so he did not become British at birth although I have been given indefinite leave to remain in the UK before his birth and last year I also become British Citizen.
I believe he is entitled to registration as British Citizen, do you agree? I am not sure which form to use for his application. MN1 (Registration of minors) or ukf (Registration for those born before 2016 July 1 to British Fathers and whose parents were not married)
One last question for both applications: we have never registered his residence in the UK officially (EEA FM process)...but he has been living in the UK since his birth.
All the best
Laszlo Bederna
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.
Hello Thank you for your enquiry. Please note that the form states 1st July 2006 and not 2016. Can you give the precise date when your son was born and where he was born? **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Franz
My son was born 14 December 2015 in London
All the best
Laszlo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was given indefinite leave to remain in the UK in May 2015. So at the time of his birth he would have become a British Citizen if I had been married to his mother...(but I was not).
In general the form that should be filled is Form UKF.
**********************************************************************
This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.