Frantz I
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I am a British citizen born in Edinburgh 1964 with a British

Customer Question

I am a British citizen born in Edinburgh 1964 with a British passport. My parents are of African origin. My daughter (D.O.B - 14/09/1996) recently applied for a British passport and was told that she is not eligible. My daughters mother and I were never married and she is a German national who has resided in the UK since she was 13, she is now 39.
I have been told that the illegitimate issue with the nationality has been repealled. Any advise is appreciated.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
Hello Thank you for your enquiry. Your daughter will need to apply to register as a British citizen first before applying for a British passport. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.