Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

I want to sue a company,which is a agency help students to

Customer Question

i want to sue a company,which is a agency help students to get offer from uk schools,last year i want to change my school so i signed the contract with this agency in october,during these four months the staffs in this company more than three people told me that my new school will issue me the draft cas number when i'm in uk and when i come back home country,my new school will issue me the offical cas number to me,so i withdrawned my current courses from my school and sent the curtailment letter to new school to show them,but just a few days ago the agency told me the school won't issue me the cas,i feel be cheated.now my visa curtailed caused many problems and loss which my flat contract is fixed term to october,no option to break and my study plan is totally ruined.
my visa will expire soon,now it's still legal stay.i want to sue them as soon as possible,but if i can't finish this case before my visa expire,i'm still legal to sue them here or i have to go back home country to sue them?i don't want to go back home country to sue them cause feel the distance and everyting is out control
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.How much are you seeking to claim please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2,0000 pounds,the money i paid to them is 650 pounds
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they gave me so many wrong information to make me believe that there is no problems about my new offer,cause according to the contract i signed,i can't contact my new school
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy. If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court. The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial. Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you answer my question at weekeeds.but my visa will expire soon,now it's still legal stay.i want to sue them as soon as possible,but if i can't finish this case before my visa expire,i'm still legal to sue them here or i have to go back home country to sue them?i don't want to go back home country to sue them cause feel the distance and everyting is out control.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i mean if during the period i'm suing them,my visa expired,i will have overstay record on my passport?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You can sue and you can sue from another country. But you need to apply for an extension before it runs out.Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
could you please tell me where to apply the extension and how?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sadly I am not an immigration lawyer, your question was about how to obtain a refund and that is why it was sent to me. I can advise you on how to obtain a refund, the procedure and law relating to that. But you may need to post a new question about to apply for a visa extension.Can I clarify anything else for you today?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but when i posted this question i selected immigration and my main question is in my second paragragh:( anyway no need to reply and still thank you
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no thank you ,I will go to the local solicitor for the questions,thank you your reply