frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

Both me and my wife are born overseas but are irish nationals

Customer Question

Both me and my wife are born overseas but are irish nationals now by naturalisation we have moved to UK in 2013 ,my daughter was born in UK in 2014 .can we apply for UK passport for her and how to do that
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank you for your enquiry. Your daughter is does not acquire British citizenship simply because she was born in the UK unless there is a parental link to a person settled in the UK (settled means to have indefinite leave to remain in the UK). *********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi
thank you for your answer. i have another question. when can we apply for british nationality,after how many years for European citizens .is it 3 or 6 years.
Hello After 5 years of exercising treaty rights as a qualified person you can apply for permanent residence.