frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

Is it possible to extend a 6 month domestic worker visa in

Customer Question

Is it possible to extend a 6 month domestic worker visa in the UK ? Hoping to bring our housekeeper/nanny ( Filipino) back to Belfast with us as my husband and I both work . Ideally hoping to bring her for 1 year . Please help!
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are currently living in Dubai - relocating home to Belfast in June . Our housekeeper has been working with us for 5 years , has looked after our children since birth . We will be starting a business in the UK hence we need her to come with us .
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank you for your enquiry It is not allowed for those on a domestic visa route to stay in the UK beyond 6 months or to extend their visas beyond 6 months. However, an application for extension is only allowable so that the total is 6 months if your original visa was for less than 6 months.I hope this clarifies your question. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.