frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

My gf is in the UK right now and has been currently been told she cannot fly due to com

hi my gf is in the UK right now and has been currently been told she cannot fly due to complications with pregnancy but her visa is due to expire what should we do? Her pregnancy is only 20+ weeks so we were planning to leave well in advance of any airline restrictions.
She is from outside of Europe so medical treatment we have to pay for which isn't a problem.
The plan was we would return to her country and then start process for a fiancée visa, we have booked flights for this but unable to now fly.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.
Hello Thank you for your enquiry. Can you clarify what visa she has at the moment? What is your nationality?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Her visa right now is just a general visitors visa 6 months this is her second visit to UK.I am British myself 34 Catherine is 24 from Philippines we met through my business in Manila.We are both worried how this may affect the application for fiancée visa and what is best to do and not do. We meet the requirements on my salary £40k+ but our understanding is this cannot be applied for here in UK but without being able to fly due to the complications with the pregnancy its very confusing what we should he doing.
HelloThis is problematic. Under the immigration rules a visitor's visa cannot be extended beyond 6 months and your partner is unable to switch from a visitor's visa into a family base visa in country. Perhaps in exceptional circumstance, the Home Office can exercise discretion outside the rules. If your partner's medical evidence is exceptional then she may wish to make an application. However, it is against JA's rules to give any specific advice except for what I have already said. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.