Frantz I
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I am an Iranian student before my visa was expired I was on

I am an Iranian student before my visa was expired I was on tier 4 student visa , My course was a three year bachelor degree but for some health-related problems that I had last year I failed to take my final exams and as a result I was given another year to finish my degree , on 21 of the November 2015 my visa was expired and I applied for an extension of my tier 4 student visa but unfortunately it was refused due to isufficient funds despite the fact that I provided finicial letters from both my own bank account in the UK and my father's in Iran , I was obliged to show that I had 9970 GBP , I had roughly 2440 in my own UK bank account alongside with my father's balance of 9970 in Iran ( I had included the signed and sealed bank statement of him as well) , in their refusal letter they have indicated that I have failed to show financial ability for my studies which is very strange , what made the whole situation more complicated was that I received their refusal letter very late since It was sent by a second class Royal mail post , as a result My online request for an administrative review was delayed , now I have been waiting to hear back from them for nearly two weeks , my university also have advised me not to attend any lectures until my visa status is clear , I am very desperate at this point , please let me know what is your professional opinion on my case
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Frantz I replied 11 months ago.
Hello Thank you for your enquiry. As you are a Tier 4 student, you can use money held in an account owned by your parents but you will need to present the Home Office also with evidence that you are related to your parent(s) and that you have their permission to use this money. You studying outside or inside london? You will usually receive the result of the administrative review within 28 days. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
In their refusal letter they have indicated that I have submitted acceptable documents but for no obvious reason they are convinced that I have enough funds for the rest of my stay in the UK , to show them that I HAVE no financial difficulty I have recently paid the whole tution fee of my university but I am not sure whether it helps in this situation , as I said before I had 2440 pounds in my own account and 9970 GBP in my father's account which was essentially more than enough, I study in Colchester Essex
Hello If the money held in Iran is not held in one of these financial institutions in Iran, you will not meet the maintenance requirement. 1. Pasargad: No 430, Mirdamad Blvd, Tehran,(###) ###-#### ***** Tel :+98(21)82890 2. Parsian: No4, Zarafshan St., Shahid Farahzadi Blvd, Shahrak Ghods, Tehran, Iran. Tel:(+ 9821) 88502024
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes I was aware of it , My father provided me with bank statement letter from Pasargad no.430 showing an amount of 9970 GBP , I do not think that there was a problem with my funding , probably it was used as an excuse not to grant me my visa, I suspect that they refuse me because I am taking an extra year to complete my degree despite the fact that I was given a valid CAS by my university , Do you reckon it might be the case?
Hello I would doubt that is the case. It may very well be an error which an administrative review may fix. Sounds very strange if you have paid your tuition fees for the academic year and have 9 months maintenance fee. I would suggest you wait to hear the outcome of the administrative review. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Actually I paid the whole tuition fee of my course recently and after my refusal , but still I think it is a case error , sorry what about the administrative review as I pointed out earlier since the letter was sent by a second class post I received it very late and as a result My request for admin review was submitted late , do you think they would still consider my case although I submitted the online form late? Thanks
Hello Did you say why you submitted late? How late?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes I have explained the reasons why I received it late completely , actually my admin request was roughly 26 days late
Hello Ok. It is a matter of waiting for the decision now. I hope you are successful.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you very much , sorry my last question for you , how likely do you think I can win this case ? Because I really need to know and please do not worry about my emotions , I am ready to hear the reality even if it is bitter , thank you again
HelloTo be honest it is difficult for anyone on here to say as I haven't seen the complete application and supporting documents. In any event JA rules prevent me from making specific comments about this anyway.
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Experience: Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.