Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

Does a Swedish national that's been living in Ghana months

Customer Question

Does a Swedish national that's been living in Ghana for 4 months have to pay any kind of a fee to leave the country to come to the UK
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank you for your enquiry. You do not have to pay a visa fee or apply for a visa to enter the UK . Swedish nationals have an unconditional right of admission and residence in the UK for an initial period of 3 months. After 3 months a Swedish national can remain in the UK if s/he is a student, seeking employment, employed, self employed or self sufficient. Please rate before you leave here. Thank you. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No you are not understanding my question I am asking if they have to pay the Ghana immigration authorities to leave that country, that's what I need to know
HelloNo. I am not aware of any country which asks EEA nationals to pay a fee before they can leave the country. I hope this answers your enquiry. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiJust to add - this is a common scam often as part of a "romance scam"https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/emergencies/scams/dating.htmlClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So all of this nonsense about BTA is just a scam and that it does not exist, is this correct??
HelloSounds like a scam. Unfortunately I can only answer immigration specific questions. I would be grateful if you would be kind to rate my answer to your previous immigration question.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Yes it is indeed a Scam and it is not a requirement that exists