frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I am an EU citizen trying British passport

Hi, I am an EU citizen trying for a British passport for my newborn, I met all the requirements and provided all the necessary documents, unfortunately when I called them last they told me my baby is not eligible as although I had send them my accession state worker certificate I was not working for the company for the whole year. The case is I was working for the same company for 3 summers and then continuously for over 6 years till now. I never had any other employer then the company stated in the certificate, and yet I was suppose to reregister with them and apparently there is nothing to be done. Is that correct? Will I ever be eligible to apply for a British citizenship myself? As unfortunately I can't reregister with the ASWR now..
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.
Hello Thank you for your enquiry. The Workers Registration Scheme ended on 30 April 2011. This meant that after this date nationals of countries affected will no longer be subject to the requirement to register their employment and will be able to work and stay in the UK on the same basis as nationals from other EU countries. What this means for you is that only periods from this date can count towards an application for permanent residency if you can show evidence of exercising treaty rights. If the Home Office has given you a written reason for the refusal please say so. Otherwise I hope this answers your question and you are able to rate before you leave. Thank you. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, sorry for the delay, I have not received a refusal letter, it was what the person checking my status have told me, that is why I wanted to confirm that. Is my daughter not eligible for British passport only because I did not reregister with Home Office with the same and only company I have been working for in UK? Even though that is the company on my certificate? If this questions are going to be chargeable please just let me know and do not reply, so I can rate you for the first one. Kind regards, ***** *****
HelloPlease rate for the first one.