frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I am a Sri Lankan citizen living and working in the UK since

I am a Sri Lankan citizen living and working in the UK since June 2014 under Tier 2 ICT visa. My partner (we are not married) is a German citizen started living in the UK with me from May 2015. We have known each other since 2014 August and we have a child together. I would like to apply for the EU Family member permit (visa, Residence card).
What should i consider, how is the process work, how long does it take ?.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.
Hello Thank you for enquiry.You would need to make an application as an extended family member of your partner because you are unmarried to him and you should complete form EEA(EFM). The current fee is £65. You would need to provide evidence that you are in a durable relationship lasting at least 2 years. You will need to provide evidence that your partner is here in the UK exercising treaty rights by either working, being in self employment, self sufficient etc. Having a child together will support any application.The Home Office will look to scrutinise your personal circumstances in deciding your application so you will need to provide as much information as possible. It is difficult to be precise on how long it takes because that will depend on a number of factors e.g complexity and backlog but I have seen application turnaround times of between 6 - 8 weeks. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Do you recommend to go through a lawyer to apply this, or apply myself ?.
HelloYes I would.