frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I have been with my husband married for5yrs.he was

Customer Question

i have been with my husband for 8yrs married for5yrs.he was in the uk illegally when we met applications for him to stay in the uk failed and he was returned to india,we applied again for him to return as my husband but again it was refused.he has been in france illegally since sept 15,can you help plse.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank you for your enquiry.Your husband's situation is very precarious. If you are a British citizen, have you considered an option to move to France to work and live with your husband and have a family life there? You may be able to regularise his immigration status and have a family life together under the Surinder Singh principle. Have a look at the Home Office website for more details at https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/surinder-singh Under this principle there is no issue with a family member having a precarious immigration history i.e there is no requirement under EU law for a family member to have prior lawful residence. However, you have to be a British citizen exercising treaty rights in France to enjoy the benefits of EU law. You ought to seek legal advice because your situation is rather difficult. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
HelloAre you satisfied with my answer? Can you rate it please.