Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

I want to ask about my mum .which category is best

I want to ask about my mum .which category is best for her to apply .she is working as careworker in italy she has work viza there. Can she transfer that here.And can she joing the family here what is the form.she have just me as my father died long years ago. I have British passport .she already have 5year visitor visa here.what shouldo I would like she be here near us as she also have a litte granddaughter.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
HiWhat nationality is your mother please?Kind regards,Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Albania
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you. Unfortunately, if your mother is not in a relationship with an EEA national or foreign national with a leave to remain in the UK then the options for her are very limited. The fact that you are a UK citizen does not help too much in these circumstances. This is because she would only be able to apply on the basis that you are her daughter if she were able to apply for an elderly dependent relative visa:https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/eligibilityYou will see under the heading “Coming to be cared for - you’re an adult dependent relative” that in order to be eligible to apply for this you have to show that she would need long term care in order to carry out day to day tasks. So, given that she is working this is presumably not applicable to her.Assuming she does not have access to £200, 000 for the purpose of investing in a UK business which she would run, then the most oviosuy work visa would be by applying under the Tier 2 Sponsored Skilled Workers Visa provisions. You will have to see if there is a job that she could do in the UK on the shortage occupation list:-https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/308513/shortageoccupationlistapril14.pdf She would have to then secure a job offer from a UK employer who is or would become a licensed sponsor of skilled migrants:-https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/eligibility If this is not possible then probably the quickest way would be for her to naturalise as an Italian citizen, so that she can then travel/remain her under her EEA Italian passport.I am sorry that the options are thin. My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question. Kind regards,Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I find this information in internet gov.uk which apply to my mum and me can you look at it
Home
Visas and immigration
Family visasApply to remain in the UK with family
Show all parts of this guideOverview
Exceptions
Eligibility
Knowledge of EnglishDocuments you must provide
Apply
Family members1. OverviewYou need a ‘family of a settled person’ visa if you want to stay (‘remain’) with a family member or partner (eg spouse) who’s living in the UK permanently and you’re:already in the UK
from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and SwitzerlandYou can apply if you’re eligible and you need to:extend your existing ‘family of a settled person’ visa
switch to a ‘family of a settled person’ visaYour family member or partner can:be a British citizen
have settled in the UK
be your partner who has asylum or humanitarian protection in the UKYou may also be able to apply to remain with your child if they’ve lived in the UK for at least 7 years.
ExceptionsYou may need to apply in a different way if:you’re outside the UK
your partner’s from the EEA or Switzerland
your partner originally had a temporary visa as a worker
you’re the victim of domestic violence or your partner has died
you applied for a ‘family of a settled person’ visa before 9 July 2012
you want to reunite with a partner or parent who has asylum or humanitarian protection in the UKHow long it will takeA decision will be made:within 8 weeks for postal applications
usually on the same day if you use the premium serviceYou’ll be contacted if your application is complex and will take longer, eg:if your supporting documents need to be verified
if you need to attend an interview
because of your personal circumstances, eg if you have a criminal convictionFees
Who you’re applying for By post In person (premium service)
You £649 £1,049
Dependants £649 each
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Yes, but if you click on "eligibility" on the page that you have found you will see that there is a section at the bottom titled “Coming to be cared for - you’re an adult dependent relative” that in order to be eligible to apply for this you have to show that she would need long term care in order to carry out day to day tasks. So, given that she is working this is presumably not applicable to her. This means that she cannot apply on the basis that she is your mother unfortunately.PLease do remember to leave feedback.Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So which route she can come here
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Assuming she does not have access to £200, 000 for the purpose of investing in a UK business which she would run, then the most oviosuy work visa would be by applying under the Tier 2 Sponsored Skilled Workers Visa provisions. You will have to see if there is a job that she could do in the UK on the shortage occupation list:-https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/308513/shortageoccupationlistapril14.pdf She would have to then secure a job offer from a UK employer who is or would become a licensed sponsor of skilled migrants:-https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/eligibility If this is not possible then probably the quickest way would be for her to naturalise as an Italian citizen, so that she can then travel/remain her under her EEA Italian passport.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you but where I need to look for this tier 2 is any agency which will help to find a job or employment for her as she got lots experience as careworker? How to do this ?
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I have given you the links to the government immgiration pages above. If she requires to find employment that can sponsor her for tier 2 purposes then you must make enquiries with normal care agencies. There are no specific Tier 2 agencies as such Please leave feedback. I have answered your question in full now. Kind regards,Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im so sorry to ask again
So I need to look agency s and find a job first for her? and they will do the rest ? She cant apply with out job available?
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Correct. She needs to find a job from an employer who will offer her a job and also sponsor her for her Tier 2 visa application. It's going to be difficult thought because the care industry already has a substantial uk-based workforce to fill such roles. Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you
Have nice day
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Please leave feedback. Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you know wny agency to help with this I really appreciate
Thank for you for your time