Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

A married man wants to get married in Islamic way in another

Customer Question

A married man wants to get married in Islamic way in another country where multiple marriage is allowed can he bring his new wife to this country. His first wife is severely disabled
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. The second wife should not be granted a UK spousal visa if the marriage to the UK sponsor is polygamous and there is another person living with the sponsor in the UK who is also their husband or wife. Therefore, a man married in the UK cannot obtain a spouse visa to bring a second wife into Britain. However, the second spouse can come to the UK and live with the husband and it would not be illegal, as long as the second marriage was legal in the country where they married.Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited with answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.