Frantz I
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I was hoping to move to Berlin this June foreseable

I was hoping to move to Berlin this June for the foreseable future. I am self employed- owning a Design consultancy business here in the uk. It's a ltd company- 3 years old. Expanding into Europe and contributing to the German economy was high on my agenda but now with our eu partnership in the balance I don't know what to do?
I was wondering what my options would be to stay in Germany if I were to move this year, and the U.K. Opted out of the eu. Are there any visas that I could apply for- via my business that would grant me indemnity? I'm aware of blue visas but I would have to be an employee of another company to qualify for that?!?
Jude
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank you for your enquiry.What is your current visa status and immigration history?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi frantz,I am an English national, but would like to move to berlin and continue to grow my consultancy business there as well as here.
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
HelloUnfortunately there isnt any option that will grant you indemnity in any event. However, it is important to ensure when in Germany, you apply for a registration certificate to evidence that you are a UK national exercising treaty rights as a self employed person or a worker. Normally a registration certificate is not mandatory but with the uncertainty of what may happen should the UK opt out, it makes sense to obtain this document. The procedure on how to obtain a registration certificate may vary so you would need to contact the equivalent of the Home Office in Germany for guidance. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, okay thank you. This is very helpful, as I would expect there to be a very prolonged deportation process, so if I could register before the vote then I may be able to protect myself a bit. Thanks
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
HelloYou welcome. Please would you be kind enough to rate before your leave?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes sure, I was just looking for the button :)