Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

Iam owner of small company in london and want to sponsor a

Iam owner of small company in london and want to sponsor a lady in the Phillipenes for work visa to come and work for my company need advice
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. What would be her job at your company please?Is she in a relationship with any UK citizen, EEA citizen or foreign national with a visa to stay in the UK?Kind regards,Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Her job would be secondary she is not in a relationship with anyone
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, what do you mean by "secondary"?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i MEAN GENERAL BOOK KEEPING ANSWERING PHONE AND SENDING OUT INVOICES
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi, So, it would be kind of an "administrative assistant" role, correct?Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes that is correct and we would give her training if necessary
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.Most foreign persons wishing to work in the UK do not have access to £200, 000.00 for investment in a UK business have to apply for a Tier 2 Sponsored Skilled Worker visaThis means that she would be looking at applying under the Tier 2 Sponsored Skilled Workers Visa provisions. The problem is that the job that the person applies for has to either be on the shortage occupation list (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/308513/shortageoccupationlistapril14.pdf ) or you have to show that their are no resident/eea national in the locality that can perform your role,.So, because admin assistants are not on the list and there would presumably be plenty of applciants already in the UK who would apply for the role, this would not appear to be a possibility.Even if it were you, as her employer, would have to apply for a Licence in order to sponsor tier 2 employees. For this you would most likely have to employ a solicitor to make the application for you.I’m afraid that I cannot see how an application for a tier 2 visa for this type of role would have any chance of success, I’m afraid and so her options to come here and work are basically nil at this point in time.I am sorry. My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question. Kind regards,Tom