Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

My future partner living in the Ukraine has been refused a

my future partner living in the Ukraine has been refused a visa because of the information supplied by some visa application company. Now we are unsure what to do.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks. What was the incorrect information supplied please?Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The application was for a visitors visa and my future partner was only staying for one month.
The visa application company she used advised my future partner to lie about her employment even though we both were against it. My future partner is a dog/cat groomer but the agency insisted she should say she works full time for a engineering company with an income of 8000UAH a month, however, when the visa centre tried to contact the company they could not get a reply. So the visa application was rejected on the grounds that the UK government assumed she would not leave the country after her visit even though this was not the case.
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
So, effectively, the visa application company suggested she give false information and then she did, yes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Absolutely
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.Unfortunately, your mother is responsible for what the application says in the form and in the supporting evidence. This is the case even though you have employed a visa agency. Your mother ultimately agreed to submit false information and will be regarded as being responsible for this by the home office. This means that she has effectively deceived the home office and this will be take in to account in any future application. She does not have grounds to appeal the refusal because it was not discriminatory in nature or contrary to human rights.This means that the only potential way forward is to submit a further application attempting to explain what has happened, but because by explaining what has happened she will effectively be admitting that she deceived the home office it’s goint ot be very very difficult for her to get a visa now. If she is going to apply again then I would strongly suggest that she instructs a UK based solicitor practising immigration (ie. not an agency) in order to draft her personal statement and gather the evidence needed in order to show that the agency was exerting pressure on her to deceive the home office.I really am sorry, it’s not a nice position to be in. My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question. Kind regards,Tom