Frantz I
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

My wife, a Thai national, has ILR status and a biometric residence

My wife, a Thai national, has ILR status and a biometric residence permit. This was granted whilst she was married previously in 2012. She has sincedivorced and then met me, we subsequently married in 2014.
We have gone through a lengthy process of getting her Thai passport changed to her new married name, with her new Thai passport finally arriving last week.
We are now sending form NTL off so that we can also change her BRP to her new married surname. We will send passports and marriage certificate.
My question is do I, as her new husband, have to fill in the section on Home Office verification checks for proof of income etc.? I am assuming my wife does not need to complete a declaration either?
She is in full time employment and we have provided her National Insurance number.
Thank you for any advice you can give.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank you for your enquiry. Your wife will need to complete the Applicant's declaration. If you or a friend has stated in the form that you will be providing financial support to your wife and you have included your bank statement then you fill that section otherwise you shouldn't. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.