frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I am British, my wife is Russian and she is a naturalised British

Customer Question

I am British, my wife is Russian and she is a naturalised British citizen for over 10 years. Her Russian parents currently have visa which give them six months stay in the UK per year, but we would like them to have right to remain here, as we have a 15 month old son and they wish to help with childcare and to see him grow up. Also my wife would like them with her as they get older and may need her care. They are retired with pensions so do not require access to benefits. At the moment they stay with us, but they would like to buy a small property here. We are having difficulty in what visa we should be applying for to allow them to stay full time. Any guidance would be gratefully received.
Andy Hurwitz
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.
Hello AndyThank you for your enquiry. The option available to your wife's parent is an application as an adult dependent relative. However an application under this category can only be made outside the UK. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.