Frantz I
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

Can you tell me if when applying spouse settlement visa

Customer Question

Can you tell me if when applying for a spouse settlement visa for my wife. I have savings of £36,000 which is needed to meet my financial requirements but I have a bank loan which I am paying off monthly and also a credit card account do the uk gov deduct these amounts from my savings?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
Hello Thank you for your enquiry. If you are only relying on your savings to meet the financial requirement then unfortunately you wouldn't meet it on this amount. If you took out a loan to meet the financial requirement then you would not meet the financial requirement. You have to have held the required cash savings for at least 6 months prior to your application. So if you are paying the loan amount from your savings clearly you wouldn't have enough to meet the requirement. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My annual income from pension is £11600 my savings have been in the accounts for more than 6 months. I took out a loan for
£8000 for a car I am paying that off monthly at £148 monthly.
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
Ok it is clearer now.You can combine your pension income with your savings. With a pension income of £11600 you will need roughly about £34,000 in cash savings. As long as the loan is not linked with your savings you should be ok. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will I have to declare the loan account and prove there is no link.
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
Hello I am happy to answer further questions once the first has been rated if you would be so kind to rate?
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
HelloAll you would need to do is identify the source of your savings and if there is no link then you should be ok.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just been reading up on UK gov web site about having to show where savings were sourced as some of this is from friends and family. How do I show this money was a gift.
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
By declaring it is from friends and family. You would also be expected to provide their details etc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the information. Can my wife's pension be also be considered as well as mine.
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
HelloUnfortunately not.