Frantz I
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

Good Morning, I would like to ask about Permanent Residency

Good Morning, I would like to ask about Permanent Residency Card. I'm from Poland and have be en in the UK for over 13 years. In 2003 I got married to British Citizen and we have a child 12 years old girl. Due to my husband alcohol dependancy problems over many years we got divorced. Before that I was looking after child and study Child Care L 2. Because of my ex husband's uncapability of looking after child I couldn't work . Now Im on my own with my doughter who depends on me. After divorce I had a health problems with depression and more. For what reason I'm on ESA benefit temperaly . I would like to apply for permanent recydency in UK, but not sure if I'm entitled to. I would appreciate for advice. Thank You
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Frantz I replied 10 months ago.
HelloThank you for your enquiry. You would need to show that you have been a qualified person for at least 5 years either as a worker, self-employed person or a student to be evidence your rights. To count the period as a student, you will need to show that you had comprehensive sickness insurance. If you can show evidence dating back 5 years as a qualified person then you would be able to evidence your rights to permanent residency. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
HelloThank you for your enquiry. You would need to show that you have been a qualified person for at least 5 years either as a worker, a self-employed person or a student to evidence your rights. To count the period as a student, you will need to show that you had comprehensive sickness insurance. If you can show evidence dating back 5 years as a qualified person then you would be able to evidence your rights to permanent residency. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Experience: Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.