How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Frantz I Your Own Question
Frantz I
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 402
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Frantz I is online now

My stepson was given an indefinite leave visa uk. This visa

Customer Question

My stepson was given an indefinite leave visa uk. This visa was obtained on appeal after going to an immigration solicitor and contacing my local MP.
The first application was refused on the grounds that I had inadequit funds and his disability was not that bad.
In the appeal it was pointed out that Muscular Dystrophy was serious and that in his country, Ukraine there was no one to care for him.
I signed a sponsorship form fo the first application which was refused. Is it still valid for his situation now?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My wife and I are both British Citizens.
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank you for your enquiry. What is your stepsons situation now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He lives in the Uk with us now. He receives benefits.
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
Ok. As you stepson has indefinite leave to remain in the UK he is regarded as being present and settled in the UK. He can enjoy all the benefits of a British citizen except that he doesn't have the convenience of a British passport.
Frantz I and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Excellent! Many thanks. Rodney
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sponorship form not valid?
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure what the sponsorship form is for given that your stepson has indefinite leave to remain.

Related Immigration Law Questions