frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

My daughter is a UK citizen and she has a 1 year old child

my daughter is a UK citizen and she has a 1 year old child born in the UK. Prior to having the baby she lived and worked in Chile and the babies father is Chilean, they are together but not married. She came home last in Dec 2014 to have the baby and her partner came with her on a 6th mnth visit visa. He returned to Chile in March after the baby was born to complete his degree and returned to the UK in August on another 6th month visa. My daughter wants to return to the UK and is looking at teaching positions and bring her partner and the baby. Can you tell me the best way for them to proceed and which visa her partner will need. She would consider returning to the UK to find work bringing the baby with her before her partner is that was necessary
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank you for your enquiry.Your daughter's partner will need to make a family based application under the Appendix FM rule. What needs to be considered:1. that your daughter is currently employed in Chile earning at least £18600 a year and that she has a job offer in the UK. There is a bit more detail to consider here otherwise2. that your daughter returns to the UK with her child, finds a job, earning at least £18600 and after 6 months, sponsor her partner into the UK. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.