Frantz I
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

My boyfriend have been in the Uk than 5 years

Hi, my boyfriend have been in the Uk for more than 5 years and he applied for a visa but got declined, his parents wanted us to get marry so that he can get a marriage visa. But that's not really what I wanted to do because I'm still young ,but I do want him to stay. Is there any other way to solve this problem? Thank you.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank you for your enquiry.If you and your partner have been in a genuine and subsisting relationship for at least 2 years, he can apply under the unmarried route. You shouldn't get married because you want to obtain a visa for your partner that may be seen as trying to circumvent the law and you are right not to. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have been together for 4 years but we have no proper evidence showing that since I'm only 20 and he's 23.
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
HelloI am happy to answer further questions when the first has been rated if you would be so kind.
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
HelloThe type of evidence that are generally required are, photos together, statements from friends and family, holiday pictures together with travel tickets, joint accounts, bills in both names if living together or individual names with same address, emails, texts messages etc You will also be expected to be earning at least £18,600.