frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

Good afternoon, my spouse is a US citizen and is coming to

Customer Question

Good afternoon, my spouse is a US citizen and is coming to the UK to stay with me for a period of 4 months before leaving to go overseas for a work contract. Are there any restrictions on her returning to the UK after her work contract is up/any problems with her joining me initially for 4 months (she will not be working, have private health insurance and not be seeking any residency status)?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank you for your enquiry. US citizens do not need a visa to visit the UK. However, you are required to bring the same documents as though you were applying, to show to the entry clearance officers. If you have a criminal record or have been refused a visa before, the general message is you should apply for a visa before embarking on your journey. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Frantz,Thank you for your response. Further to my original query if a US citizen was to spend 4 months in the UK and then leave, how long would they have to remain abroad before being able to come back on another tourist visa?
HelloA visitor can visit the UK as often as they want as long as there isn't a pattern formed where it becomes necessary for the visitor to make a more appropriate visa.
HelloCould you rate please?