Frantz I
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I am applying - 10 years Long Residence route.

I am applying for ILR - 10 years Long Residence route.
In 2009 I left the UK to switch my visa abroad. I've made web-based application and left the UK 19 days after my visa expired. My actual appointment, however was 29 days after my visa was expired due to the death and funeral of my grandmother.
My question is what explanation should I provide with my application - leaving the country after the end of my visa or delayed appointment due to family situation.
Gennady
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank you for your enquiry.You would be required to give a complete history of your circumstances e.g why you remained in the UK beyond the expiry of your visa. If there are any mitigating circumstances, you should also state them. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.