frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I currently have the discretionary leave to remain and I am

I currently have the discretionary leave to remain and I am due to get my indefinite leave to remain next year . I was born in the UK but at the time of my birth none of my parents were British, that is why I was giving the discretionary leave to remain. I just wanted to find out if I need to register as a British citizen after I receive my indefinite leave to remain of I have to naturalise as a British citizen. If I need to register as British citizen how long after my indefinite leave to remain do I have to do that?
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have my fiancée abroad that I want to join me in the UK, how long after my indefinite leave can I start the process of the spouse application.
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.
HelloWith discretionary leave you would need to apply to naturalise as British after you have been granted ILR and not register as British. Once you have been granted ILR you would be able to sponsor your fiancee to join you in the UK if you meet the requirements under Appendix FM. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.