frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I am married to a sweden national by proxy since june 2010,

I am married to a sweden national by proxy since june 2010, I applied for a eea residence card 6 months after, but the application was refused based on no evidence that we both travel to ghana for our marriage, also that theydo not accept my proxy marriage certificate as a valid marriage. In 2011 may, I replied to proof that my proxy marriage was valid instead they called me and my wife for a separate interview at Liverpool office in august 2012, after we were interviewed separately the ho said to us to expect their decision in 10 working days. 2 weeks after I got a letter starting that my application as been granted based on the interview and the documentary evidence we provide. But the ho does not accept the marriage instead I was given a 5 years rc as an unmarried partner of eea national. I will like to know when to apply for pr card and right now we can proof 6 years ofliving together. Please advise
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank you for your enquiry. Once you have remains in the UK as a family member of an EEA national exercising treaty rights for at least 5 years and you have met all the requirements and have all the supporting documents, then you should be able to apply for PR now. If you can provide evidence of 5 year and one year then you should be able to apply to naturalise too. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But I still have until august 2017 for my rc to expire
HelloThank you for your enquiry.I am happy to answer further questions after you have rated the first if you would be so kind.