Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

I am a male uk citizen, my partner is phillipino, we have a

I am a male uk citizen, my partner is phillipino, we have a baby born in the phillipines on 23rd 2015. I would like to register my son's birth in the uk, he has been registered in the phillipines, how do I do this? I am in the uk at present.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. Where and when were you born please?Kind regards,Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My date of birth is 10.08.1974, Gt Yarmouth Norfolk, England
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.If you were born in the UK before 1983 then you are a UK citizen “otherwise than by descent”. This means that you can automatically pass on your UK citizenship to your child even though they were born outside the UK.You are able to apply for your child’s passport now. They will get citizenship “by descent”, which is exactly the same as your citizenship (same passport/rights etc) except that your child will not automatically be able to pass on their own citizenship to their child if they are born outside the UK (ie. your grandchildren),.Therefore, you can apply now for your child’s passport.This is the case even though they child may have a Philippine birth certificate (though you will have to have the certificate translated when you apply for the passport). The fact that you have married previously to a women who is not the mother of your child does not make a difference to the child’s eligibility for a passport. You do not need to obtain a UK birth certificate in order to apply for the passport. However, you can attempt to obtain a UK birth certificate if you wish. Here is the link for entering information to tell you how to do so.https://www.gov.uk/register-a-birth My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question. Kind regards,Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Tom, very helpful.
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Thanks but please do remember to leave feedback, you have not yet.. Tom