Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

I have been in relationship with albanian boyfriend for

Customer Question

Hi I have been in relationship with albanian boyfriend for 18 months now we don't live together . How do we apply for visa as he doesn't currently have one.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. Is he already in the UK? Has he overstayed his previous visa?Are you prepared to marry in order to secure his immigration status?Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes he's here he's not had visa before in uk. Yes we have talked about marriage.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks. Do you earn more than £18600 per annum from salaried employment? This is necessary to get a visa based on your relationship..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I don't I earn around 16.000 per year
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a way round this?
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Do you have cash savings of above £62500? Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have he does would this help. Thank.
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Your partner has savings in excess of £62500, correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No sorry my mistake he doesn't have that much I miss read that sorry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there anything we can do ?
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.I am really sorry but you cannot apply at the moment.The first reason is that you have not lived together for more than 20 years, this means that you are not regarded as “unmarried” partners for the purpose of the immigration rules. This means that you would have to marry.Even if you married you would not be able to apply because you have to meet the financial requirement:https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/469692/Appendix_FM_1_7_Financial_Requirement_August_2015.pdf If you do not earn more than £18600 per annum or have significant savings (ie. £16000 + to add on to your salary) then you would not meet this requirement and the application would be rejected.The best way forward would be for you to see if you can reach a point where you earn more than £18600 per annum from employment and have done for six month. If you were then to marry then your partner could apply for a spouse visa. However, because he is illegally in the UK he would have to return to his home country to actually make the application and because he is illegally you would be best off instructing a UK based immigration solicitor to prepare the application .I really am sorry that I do not have better news for you but the immigration rules are very inflexible. My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question. Kind regards,Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** remember to leave feedback..