Frantz I
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I have just submitted my application through a depwndent of an eu national but

Customer Question

I have just submitted my application for ilr through a depwndent of an eu national but forgot to mention that i had a spent conviction 6 years back. What should i do , should i ring home office and tell them or just wait for the outcome of application, and then explain them later that i have not delibaretely forgotten n i thought spent is not to be mentioned
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank you for your enquiry. You must write to the Home Office as soon as possible informing them of your spent convictions and explaining how you forgot about your convictions. The section on personal history does ask specifically whether you had any criminal convictions including spent convictions. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply
What happens if i not write to them, are there any chances that my application will get refused and will i get a chance to appeal
Also if i mention about my conviction, then will it affect my application , i mean are there chances of refusal greater
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank you for your enquiry.I am happy to answer further questions after you have rated the first if you would be so kind.
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Your application is very likely to be refused if you do not mention any convictions. There is more chance of your application being refused if you do not mention your convictions. It is mandatory to mention any convictions including spent convictions. Please write to the Home Office telling them about your spent convictions. You may want to also print out the sections of the form on convictions fill it out and send along with a covering letter. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can i write to the home office on my own as i had sent the application through a solicitor, or should i tell the solicitor, m scared to tell him as he is quite popular in my friends circle and i am sceptical that my past could be a talk of the town
Also in case they take my conviction into consideration and refuse ilr, will they issue a 5 year spouse visa instead or some other visa and will i be eleigible to apply ilr in future
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also when i had applied for an extension in 2011 i had not mentioned the conviction that time and was granted the 5 yr residence permit, so will they ask me that why didnt i mention it first time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Frantz
Waiting for your reply
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Frantz
It would be nice if you could reply to the above query so that i can tKe appropriTe decision
Thanks for help, just gave u a bonus for your advice
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
HelloSorry was in a meeting. You need to inform the solicitors. They should write on your behalf
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
HelloWas the solicitors aware of your spent convictions?
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
HelloI am away for lunch now. If you have any other question please wait until I return.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No solicitor didnt ask me, this is later when i realised after reading matter on the internet
Last question
Also when i had applied for an extension in 2011 i had not mentioned the conviction that time and was granted the 5 yr residence permit, so will they ask me that why didnt i mention it first time, and what happens if application for ilr gets refused, do i get again extension visa or can i appeal and explain that time that i forgot
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As i said , since the solicitor knows me very well , so he must have assumed that i cud not hv any convictions because i am a very genuine guy, and just hv one conviction which was due to silly young age unsound mind
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
It is difficult to say one way or the other. At every stage in an immigration application, applicants are asked about their convictions. Even after citizenship has been granted it can still be revoked. I understand you are genuine and I would expect the Home Office will consider your circumstances fairly. If the Home Office refuses your application, they will also inform you if you have a right of appeal. Given that your solicitors made the application for you, I would hope that you are able to have chat with them and they will be in the best position to give you advice.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
you welcome