Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

I am Chinese passport-holder who acquired PR (right of residence)

Hi-I am Chinese passport-holder who acquired PR (right of residence) by 5 year stay, but have since been away from uk for more than 2 years. How can I recover my PR?thankyou Alan
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. Do you have family ties to the UK?How old are you and how long did you live the UK please?Kind regards,Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no family ties to UK , and I lived in UK for 6 years--as student (grad then post-grad) . I will come back to UK as a worker-
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am 27 years old
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.Because you have been outside of the UK for more than 2 years you would have to apply for a returning residents visa if you wished to return to the UK.The webpage on this is here:https://www.gov.uk/returning-resident-visa You could only apply for this if you intended to return to the UK to live permanently.You will see that because you have been away for more than 2 years you must show: · your strong family ties to the UK· you lived in the UK most of your life Unfortunately, because you have only lived in the UK for a relatively short period of time and do not have any family ties to the UK it’s going to be difficult to apply for this. If you were minded to apply then I would certainly only do so if you are able to instruct a UK based solicitor who would prepare your application /statements/evidence for you to give yourself the best possible chance (which would still only be 50:50. If you were not successful then you would probably have to look at applying for another work visa as any person who had not worked/obtained ILR in the would.I am sorry that this is sobering news. My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question. Kind regards,Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou very much--rather as I feared--thankyou fro your expertise--