How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Frantz I Your Own Question
Frantz I
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 402
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Frantz I is online now

I have a Tier 4 student visa. It expired on 29 February

Resolved Question:

Hello. I have a Tier 4 student visa. It expired on 29 February 2016. I read on UK visa official site that I can stay up to 28 days after the date of expiration with out problem, but any more than that there will be consequences.
I booked my return flight on 27 March 2016.
I would like to extend my stay a bit longer until the 4th of April.
What are the penalties for this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank you for your enquiry.You may be able to extend your leave for the purpose of studies if your studies would commence no more than 28 days after your current leave expires but where your leave has expired, within 28 days of that leave expiring. Periods of overstaying of 28 days or less is generally disregarded if the application was submitted before 9 July 2012. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what would happen if I added one more week to the 28 days after expiration? My reason for staying is to accompany my mother on her trip on the 4th of April and not because of my studies
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
You would be regarded as an overstayer and in breach of immigration laws. This will affect any future UK immigration applications
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Isn't there any legal way or solution for me to stay an extra week with no problems later on?
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
HelloUnfortunately not
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
HelloCould you rate please? I spent my lunch break answering your questions.
Frantz I and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Immigration Law Questions