frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I am here in UK with Tier 2 general visa. My husband is ILR

I am here in UK with Tier 2 general visa. My husband is ILR with no work at the moment. Our son, following my surname, without daddy's name on his birth certificate is on visitor position in UK which expires six months later. Which one will be a one go successful application for my son to stay(if i am going to apply in UK)? ILR dependent? Tier 2 general dependent? or apply to remain with family? Please...
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank you for your enquiry. What is your son's date of birth and when was your husband granted ILR?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
son is three year old ,borned in Feb 2013. Husband 2011 granted ILR. Son does not have his father's name in birth cert.
Thank you for the extra information. So you have an option to register your child as a British citizenship but your husband may be required to provide DNA evidence that your child is his son. You may also have to explain why your husband is not on is birth certificate. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Another information that i think you need is that he is not born in UK but in Malaysia. What best option would be please?
HelloI am happy to answer further questions after your have rated if you would be so kind Thanks
HelloThanks for rating. It shouldn't matter that your son was born abroad if he is registered as British and was successful he would be granted British citizenship by decent. This means that your child wouldn't be able to transmit British citizenship automatically to his children born abroad.