Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

There,I have a question that I hope someone will be

Customer Question

Hi there,
I have a question that I hope someone will be able to help with. I met my girlfriend whom is originally from Nigeria, she was accompanied to the UK by an adult when she was 16 (she's now 30), when she came she started babysitting for different people here and soon after she was given a passport with another name and a National Insurance Number to start work, the money she worked would go into someone else's bank account and she would be given "allowances" at the end of the month though she say she wouldn't receive all the money she earned. As I said she came here when she is 16 and is now 29 going on 30 and living with me in my council flat, is it possible for her to apply for the right to stay in the UK with me? I should also point that she has been working with that NI that was given to her when she first came to the UK. She hasn't got her Nirgerian passport as that wasn't given to her. She attended college for a time under the false passport given to her and got some certificate in her new name. This all seems a little stressful I know, but is there any way she can apply for the right to remain in the UK with me? I know the fact that she has been working under a pretence identity will be frowned upon by the Homeoffice. Please help me out.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Frantz I replied 8 months ago.
HelloThank you for your enquiry. Your girlfriend's immigration history reads very complicated. She will almost certainly require the assistance of an immigration lawyer to assist in any application she wishes to make.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello Frantz,thanks for your reply mate. I'm having a little trouble trusting the immigration lawyers (that I've spoken to already) at the moment, so I've come online to see what some other experts. Can I ask why you wouldn't recommend that she do the application herself?I was thinking that she should forget the name that she traveled to the UK with and make an application with the second identity give to her, as she has attended college and got certificates in that name, though she is no longer In possession of the second passport with the new identity. I believe, for me, there may be other unforeseen implications such how did she get in the country.could you provide me with some answers and advice? Thanks mate.
Expert:  Frantz I replied 8 months ago.
HelloI am happy to answer further questions after your have rated if you would be so kind Thanks
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Mate, you want me to rate you for telling me two things I'm already aware of, chiefly, it's a complicated situation and that I need the assistance of a lawyer, yeah no shit. And you want me to credit you?
Expert:  Frantz I replied 8 months ago.
Hello I have given a reasonable answer to your multifaceted question. The questions you require answering are complicated and need careful thought and time spent. All too many times I have spent efforts and time answering packed questions like this only for users to ignore rating requests. I am happy to opt out if you want someone else to deal with this. I am sorry you feel this way but please note that on JA no one is able to give advice only general support and information. NB: Any further answer/suggestion/information I give will be general but tailored to your girlfriend's circumstances. Please bear these in mind before deciding what you do next. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Frantz, it seems to me that we both an issue of trust between us. I understand that this has been built up for you by the lack of people willing to rate you, I can understand that as any one could, but Frantz, I can't rate you OK, Good or Excellent for pointing out two things I already know; namely that I need a lawyer and this is situation complex. Can you appreciate that, Frantz?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 8 months ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes I'm willing to wait. Though I this question was goig to be answered by Thomas.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
can you close the question please and provide me with a full refund.Thank you.