frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I am applying Tier 2 dependent visa partner currently

I am applying for a Tier 2 dependent visa for my partner currently residing outside UK so that she can join me in the UK. I am currently on Tier 2 General visa. What supporting documents do I need to produce for her Tier 2 dependent visa application?
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I need to provide any accommodation proof?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to add this application is for my married wife so that she can join me in the UK.
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank you for your enquiry.For a Tier 2 dependent visa application you must show that you can support your wife. Your wife must have £630 available to them. You will also need to show you have £945 to support yourself. These amounts must be evidenced in your bank account and have remained in your account for at least 90 days before application. You would also be required to show you can accommodate your wife in the UK. So evidence of your tenancy agreement should be provided. Your wife will also have to pay healthcare surcharge. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only issue is that no where in the official UKBA site they had mentioned having to show proof of accommodation for this visa..
HelloI am happy to answer further questions after your have rated if you would be so kind Thanks
HelloIt is standard practise in immigration applications to provide evidence of accommodation. The guideline provided by the Home Office is simply that - a guideline. It is usually expected that applicants provide evidence that they can accommodate their partners/family members and that the accommodation provided does not fall foul of overcrowding rules. I would suggest that you supply with your application evidence of your accommodation. However, it is your choice whether to or not.