Frantz I
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

My son wants his Chinese girlfriend to come over to the UK.

My son wants his Chinese girlfriend to come over to the UK. He has recently returned from China and has no job so cannot consider the fiancee visa. Could she come on a tourist visa for 6 months ? And would this prejudice her application for a fiancee visa in the future? Please advise.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank you for your enquiry. I assume your son is British. You son's girlfriend has the option to apply to come to the UK on a visitor's visa for 6 months. This should not prejudice her application for a fiancée visa however her must meet all the requirements of the visa she wishes to apply for. If your son wishes to apply for a fiancee visa, one of the requirements which he will struggle to meet if he remains unemployed is the financial requirement under Appendix FM. Your son and his girlfriend will also have to show that their relationship is genuine and have lasted for at least 2 years if they applied as an unmarried partner. They will also need to show evidence that their relationship is genuine if they applied as a married couple or even as a fiancee. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Franz, much appreciated Suzi
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Please would you be kind to rate.