Ely
Ely, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  US immigration attorney licensed in state and federal court.
7286322

Can i get married in the USA if my partner is british but I'm

can i get married in the USA if my partner is british but I'm Bahraini?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. This depends. What state would you want to marry in? Or, not sure yet? This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
either hawaii or vegas. would either be valid? that's to say recognised in the UK too
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Neither Hawaii or Nevada will care about where the people are from for the marriage certificate. See HERE and HERE. As long as both parties have valid identification and are over the minimal age to marry, that is all that matters. So yes, this should be fine. Your marriage will be recognized in the UK if you follow the correct process according to local law (i.e. Hawaii or Nevada) - you won’t need to register it in the UK. It would be automatic. I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.